ASUO Office of Student Advocacy (OSA)
Phone: 541.346.3722 | firstname.lastname@example.org | EMU, Room 337
The Office of Student Advocacy is operating remotely due to the Covid-19 health emergency. If you are a currently enrolled, incidental fee paying student, and would like to schedule an appointment, please call (541) 346-3722. Please leave a message with your name and phone number and someone will return your call as soon as possible. Thank you!
OSA helps University of Oregon incidental fee paying students resolve difficulties that arise related to their university experience. OSA also provides advocacy on behalf of the student body or aggrieved groups of students within the university’s administrative framework.
- Student Conduct Code Assistance
- OSA provides legal advice and assistance to students charged with student conduct code violations. We inform students of their rights and help students prepare for the conduct process. At times we are able to assist in administrative conferences and help with appeals. We also discuss alternative resolutions and sanctions.
- Informal and Formal Resolution of Complaints and Grievances
- OSA helps students resolve their problems with the university by clarifying issues, identifying available resources and avenues for resolution, and assisting in preparation of grievances and petitions.
- Student Advocacy
- OSA advocates for students’ interests with the university administration. We review policy and fee changes and participate on university committees that impact students.