ASUO Office of Student Advocacy (OSA)
Phone: 541.346.3722 | firstname.lastname@example.org | EMU, Room 337
OSA helps University of Oregon incidental fee paying students resolve difficulties that arise related to their university experience. OSA also provides advocacy on behalf of students’ rights within the university’s administrative framework.
- Student Conduct Code Assistance
- OSA provides legal advice and assistance to students charged with student conduct code violations. We inform students of their rights and help students obtain incident reports. At times we are able to assist in administrative conferences and help with appeals. We also discuss alternative resolutions and sanctions.
- Informal and Formal Resolution of Complaints and Grievances
- OSA helps students resolve their problems with the university by clarifying issues, identifying available resources and avenues for resolution, and assisting in preparation of grievances and petitions.
- Policy Related Advocacy
- OSA advocates for students’ interests with the university administration. We review policy and fee changes and participate on university committees that impact students.
DISCLAIMER: The information and materials provided on this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. Access to or use of this site, including any links, does not create a lawyer-client relationship. The Office of Student Advocacy and Hilary E. Berkman, PC do not seek to represent you based on your visit or review of this website. Unsolicited materials or information sent or left on voice mail will not be guaranteed confidential and do not create a lawyer-client relationship. The firm's principal office is located in Oregon. The attorneys are licensed to practice law in the state of Oregon. The information contained on this site may or may not reflect the most current legal developments. Accordingly, information on this site is not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete, and should not be relied on as such. The information and opinions provided on the website are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of nor are they endorsed by the University of Oregon. Although we have tried to present clear and correct information, no representations or warranties are made as to the accuracy of information provided here or at any website to which a link is provided. The inclusion of a link or reference does not and is not intended to imply an endorsement.