ASUO Office of Student Advocacy (OSA)
Phone: 541.346.3722 | email@example.com | EMU, Room 337
OSA provides advice and assistance at no charge to incidental fee paying students who are having problems with the University of Oregon. We help students with just about any problem that is related to their university experience. OSA also provides generalized advocacy on behalf of students’ rights within the university’s administrative framework.
- Student Conduct Code Assistance
- OSA provides legal advice and assistance to students charged with student conduct code violations. We inform students of their rights, help obtain incident reports, assist in administrative conferences and appeals, and discuss alternative resolutions and sanctions.
- Informal and Formal Resolution of Complaints and Grievances
- OSA helps students resolve their problems with the university by clarifying issues, identifying available resources and avenues for resolution, and assisting in preparation of grievances and petitions.
- Policy Related Advocacy
- OSA advocates for students’ interests with the university administration. We review policy and fee changes and participate on university committees that impact students.